Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Stamps # 101: The Nativity Scene



First, my apologies to Viridian for being an absentee from the Sunday Stamps blog hop...I hope in the spirit of the holidays you can welcome me again in your stamps blogger community. Thank you for the comment on my Singapore post that I'm being missed. It means so much to me. :)

I really had to look hard at the back of the postcards and letter/cards envelopes I've received for a Christmas theme stamp cause I don't remember having received one...

But wow! From a set of 6 stamps attached on this beautiful envelope I received from Poland in March 15 this year, I found this stamp of a nativity scene! The nativity scene has a special place to my heart. I believe I've posted an entry before, explaining the nature of my first name. My parents played Mary & Joseph for the Nativity Scene of our parish church. Hence, my name Maria Kristina -- from Mary and Christ (Jesus Christ) since my mother was 6 months pregnant to me at that time. 

The nativity scene is also one of my favorite Bible verses in tangible form:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

For my readers who celebrate Christmas, may the Christmas symbols continue to remind us of how much Big Dad loves the whole world (Yep, I believe there would be another wonderful holidays celebration this year, the world won't end on 21 December '12!

For my readers who aren't into the Catholic/Christian faith, may the symbols and spirit of this holiday season inspire happy and warm thoughts. :)

A great week ahead for everyone! Sharing this post to Viridian's Sunday Stamps on the page dedicated for the love of postcards and stamps.


~maria

9 comments:

  1. That's an attractive stamp and an interesting way you displayed it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Postcardy - the illustration you made is great. Nice stamp too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was intrigued by the way you showed this stamp as well. Good to see an uncluttered design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty - some of the Polish Christmas stamps are the best I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back Hey, it's OK to come back anytime. you were missed. Nice stamp tpp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt know the story behins your name but it surely is an interesting one :)
    And welcome back to Sunday Stamps! Hope to see more of your posts in the future coz i for surely liked the ones so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty envelope and a lovely simply designed stamp.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: