Thursday, May 23, 2013

Little Sugar Hearts

Bag of Vruchten Hartjes, Sender: Mary
Sent: 6 May 2013, Sent from Sassenheim, The Netherlands
Received: 14 May 2013, Traveled 10,429 km in 9 days
Little sugar hearts or suiker hartjes in Dutch. Finally, I know now how they taste!
Mary read my write-up about the postcard she sent and my curiosity 
about these sweets. She offered to send some and the sweets arrived last week.
I was in Singapore to visit the boyfriend so I wasn't able to try them right away.
I arrived here in Manila today and the first order of business upon getting into my apartment:
try these really sweet-looking little goodies.

And I was right! It's the melt in your mouth sugary candies.
The different colors of little hearts also taste somewhat different from each other.
I think I've eaten around 10 little hearts in one sitting. I put them away in a safe container for now,
otherwise I'll eat all of them in less than 24 hours. I kinda worry about the calorie content
but oh well, life is sweet and good -- enjoy it to the fullest!!!

Speaking of life being sweet and good, I was really happy being with the bf.
And yep, for once I have a nicer reason from not posting blog entries,
different from the usual of being too busy for work or my residency.
It was really good life for us because every time we're together, we love to eat a lot 
and try different restaurants and cuisines from all over the world, per the bf:
'It's always a gastronomic trip!' -- and no one can deny, eating always brings pleasure.
We're both starting to gain weight. But we can always try to exercise (next time). 

The bf and I in a tea shop after a heavy dinner.
Among all of our gastronomic delights,
this is definitely and always the healthiest!
I already miss being with him but then again, I subscribe to the idea that,
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

Posting this for Guest Heart Thursday and hoping to find more nice heart link-ups at 


~maria

1 comment:

If you like what you saw, please let me know: