Thursday, August 22, 2013

...et l'amour

Private Swap, Sender: David Russell
Sent: 27 May 2013, Sent from Lyon, France
Received: 4 June 2013, Traveled 10,765.82 km in 8 days

I am truly grateful that postcard swap friends give it an effort to fulfill postcard preference requests. At the back of this card, David wrote: 

I looked around and finally found a postcard with hearts. It wasn't easy to pick just the right card. I hope you will enjoy it. :) 

-- and of course, I enjoy this card a lot! My favorite heart from this set is the one on the top row, to the right of the letter 'O'. 

There's a phrase in French at the bottom of the card. I asked Mr. Google to translate it for me, and he said it means, "...and love goes around your hearts." I wanted a more comprehensible translation, and from the beau, I got: "...and love is filling up your hearts". It's really complicated for me learning the French language but I hope I can at least comprehend the basics by trying to understand words and phrases.

I would also like to share, that this postcard is double heart-y treat for me. David sent it with a heart-shaped stamp. This is Hermès contribution to the annual 'Heart' collection of the French Postal Service (La Poste). The design is from the brand's iconic scarves, illustrated by Zoé Pauwels. The stamp was released 28 January 2013. I cropped the stamp to show the overlapping postmarks from the Lyon and Manila postal offices. I think they look nice.


For more Francophile posts, Paulita is running 'Dreaming of France' at her page, An Accidental Blog, click the icon below to proceed to her blog.


~maria

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, David has a good taste and you've been really lucky to find a kind of perfectionnist because the stamp are astonish. Lyon is not far from my city Maria and still I'm wondering where he found those stamps, they keep on telling me at post office that they don't have many news for the international sent..Well, hope I'll be more lucky on internet, a lovely lady told me to check their website as well....

    Take good care

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, some of those French phrase mean much more than the straight translation. The Hermes stamp is fab. Thanks for playing along today. Plus I'm a new follower. You're almost to 100. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: