Friday, April 17, 2015

O is for Olsztyn Castle Ruins, Poland

As mentioned in my "K" post, Poland is a country I really wish to see.

I don't know yet when I could go but while researching for "things to do" in Poland, I found out about the Trail of the Eagle's Nest. It is a marked trail with 25 medieval castles. It is considered the best touristic trail in Poland.

For letter "O" --

Direct Swap, Sender: Magda
Sent: 01 June 2012 from Zabrze, Poland
Traveled 9,613 km
Olsztyn Castle Ruins is one of the castles in the trail. It was considered as a royal castle for a settlement back in the 14th century. After several wars and transfers of ownership, Olsztyn is simply considered now as a village. The biggest attraction in the area that was once the castle, has the prison tower as its most impressive feature of the ruins.

Check out Beth's page to see more for Postcard Friendship Friday.

~maria

6 comments:

  1. Great looking castle. Must be a great view from the top. It probably came in quite handy back in the day to see so far.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we hear as much as we should about Poland. I've never heard of the Trail of the Eagle's Nest, but I'd love to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria .. I gather Poland is very beautiful and has some wonderful ancient history .. it'd be wonderful to explore - just as you want to do .. that tourist trail of 25 castles would be amazing to follow. Olsztyn looks to be so interesting and its history ... cheers and a great O for the O day - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous. It'd be fun to explore that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trail with 25 castles along it; what could be a better destination!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: