Friday, September 23, 2016

Postcards for the weekend 4: Autumn in the old suitcase

RU-2118338, Sender: Alya from St. Petersburg, Russia
Sent 25 Oct 2013, Traveled 8, 648 km in 39 days

Anyone here who can survive without coffee? Raise your hand please.

I'm more of a tea person but lately I needed the stronger kick from caffeine. Three days this week, I've been consuming coffee. Still it seems that I'm still always sleepy! Is it probably because the pull of bed is stronger now that the temperature has been going down?

We don't really have fall season here in SE Asia. But then, we still enjoy cooler weather around this time of the year. I'm very curious of the feelings invoked to see the nature around you turn from green to hues of red, orange, and yellow.

Friendship Gift Postcard, Sender: Uncle Robert from Canada

Am I right to imagine that it's more beautiful around sunrise/sunset when the sun casts a cooler orange glow on everything? Please let me know your emotional experiences with the changing colors of your environment whenever the fall/autumn season approaches.

Before I end this post, I'd like to thank the patience of bloggers who come to join my Postcards for the weekend link up. First I was late, then there's the linky list closing earlier than it should. I'll work my best to get things sorted out. :)

Happy weekend everyone and see you all again next week with your chosen cards for our theme, "domesticated animals". I hope you're enjoying this party so far despite my shortcomings.

~maria







2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind I'm "reusing" a blog post from last autumn. I have still not received any postcard showing Autumn colours, and I thought that deserved another chance...

    I love both tea and coffee, and I drink too much of both :D

    Thanks again for your link party. It's really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colours of the interesting Russian postcard, must be packing summer away in those suitcases. I'd take a cup of coffee although when I visited Russia years ago it was wall to wall tea in giant shiny teapots.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: